What is #StartOnYourShelfathon?#StartOnYourShelfathon is a 2020 star-themed readathon hosted and run by CW from The Quiet Pond. The aim of #StartOnYourShelfathon is to read as many unread books on your bookshelf as you can between December 13th 2019 and December 31st 2020. #StartOnYourShelfathon isn’t an ordinary readathon too! The mascot of #StartOnYourShelfathon is Castor the Star Collector who is also a sloth friend of The Quiet Pond, who has lost all the stars he has collected over the years and needs your help to find them again. For every book that you read as part of #StartOnYourShelfathon, you collect a star that you can add the star to your ‘star map’. Read books, collect stars, give yourself an amateur star-collector name, and create constellations! You can read Castor’s story and find information about and resources for the readathon here.
Information about Joining #StartOnYourShelfathon
- Join the StartOnYourShelfathon anytime between Dec 13th 2019 to Dec 31st 2020!
- To join #StartOnYourShelfathon, create a blog post, bookstagram post, booktube video, Twitter thread, or whatever medium you wish, with ‘#StartOnYourShelfathon’ in the title or your tweet.
- In your post/video/thread, announce that you will be participating in the readathon. List your readathon goals and the books you plan to read! (Post templates and readathon banners can be found in the readathon resources below!)
- Link back to this post so that others can find this readathon and join in.
My #StartOnYourShelfathon Goals
- My #StartOnYourShelfathon goal is to read every single book that I have on my bookshelf (and on iBooks).
- My #StartOnYourShelfathon goal is to read at least two books a month during 2020 that I have on my bookshelf.
Join #StartOnYourShelfathon!If you want to join #StartOnYourShelfathon, you can read more information in the readathon information post at The Quiet Pond.
I can’t wait to get started!